Sponsored by the New York State Sheriff’s Association:
“Yellow Dot is a free program designed to help first responders provide life-saving medical attention during that first “golden hour” after a crash or other emergency. A Yellow Dot in the driver’s-side rear window of your vehicle will alert first responders that vital medical information is stored in the glove compartment. The Sheriffs’ Association has distributed over 2 million free Yellow Dots to New Yorkers.
HOW YELLOW DOT WORKS
The Yellow Dot kit contains a personal information card and a Yellow Dot decal.
- Complete both sides of the personal information card as fully as possible, in pencil. Attach a recent photo of yourself and place it in a visible location in your car’s glove compartment.
- Complete one card for each person who regularly occupies the vehicle.
- Place the Yellow Dot decal on the rear driver’s side window to alert first responders to look in the glove compartment for your medical information.
- Update the card annually yourself or bring it to your annual medical check-up. If you sell your car, remove the Yellow Dot sticker.
USE YELLOW DOT AT HOME
A Yellow Dot kit can also be used to alert those who respond to an emergency in your home. Simply place a Yellow Dot decal on or beside your front door and place a completed card for each occupant in a clear plastic freezer bag and place in a visible location in the freezer compartment of your refrigerator.
REQUEST A YELLOW DOT KIT
Please note that if you request one kit, we will send you two Yellow Dot cards and two decals in the mail, one for your home and one for your car. Also, to conserve mailing costs, we ask that you please request kits in groups (eg. families, co-workers, friends, or clubs).”
Request a Yellow Dot kit
- The Yellow Dot kit is especially helpful in speeding up medical treatment for victims of vehicle accidents.
- Provide information about medical conditions, allergies, medication, emergency contacts, doctors, etc.