22 Mar Glens Falls Police Receive Certificate of Accreditation
On March 4, 2021 the NYS Law Enforcement Accreditation Council met and voted to re-accredit the Glens Falls Police Department. The vote followed an off-site review of department standards and an on-site compliance audit. The on-site audit consisted of a review of additional standards, interviews of department personnel and direct observations. Upon completion of the department assessment the compliance auditor stated “the City of Glens Falls Police Department is a dynamic and progressive department.” She added that “they have done an outstanding job of maintaining their accreditation status.” The re-accreditation is for a period of five years and runs from March 4, 2021 through March 3, 2026.
The New York State Law Enforcement Accreditation Program enables the department to strengthen existing procedures while simultaneously creating a solid foundation for its future. The benefits of accreditation include:
- Independent confirmation that policies comply with professional standards
- Assurance of fair recruitment, selection and promotion processes
- Enhanced understanding by agency personnel of agency policies and procedures
- Greater administrative and operational effectiveness
- Greater public confidence in the agency
In the final analysis, the impact of the Accreditation Program stems from the profound commitment that the department has made to professionalism and from their desire to provide the best possible services to the communities that they serve.